Tibibev is the Answer to finding a market for sustainable agriculture — moving beyond a few organic fruits — to a real Canadian cuisine.
- Industrial mono-culture is showing flat or declining yields
- The average farmer is, increasingly facing a loss on farming
- Current landmass dedicated to monoculture is destroying adjacent wildlife
Monoculture: A Single Species Planted in a Field
- Top soil blows and drains away
- Monoculture is a magnet for animals and insects
- Isolated plants cannot help each other
- Destruction of micro-biome: bacteria and fungi
- Biomass removed from the land
- Nitrogen and chemical run-off
An Ecologically Beneficial Alternative: Permaculture and Forest Farming
Garden for total calorie output/ acre, from all plant and animal sources. This allows the farmer to outsource many insect and weed control, and fertilizing to natural processes.
The Solution: Tibibev Uses Forest Products in a Delightful, Accepted Way!
- “Three sisters”: Legumes, squash/ pumpkin, corn used in most products
- Nuts: Nut fritters and nut brittle
- Honey: Fermented in water kefir/ Tibicos drink
- Sarrasin/ buckwheat: in “grain” bowls
- Acorns: proprietary processing system, results in moist, nutritious, delicious Acorn Brownie Bites